Cut out my heart


You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;    You do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
  Psalm 51:16-17
This Valentines’ Day, I want my heart cut out.  Yes, I said MY HEART.  I know that grade schoolers everywhere are cutting out hearts and making Valentine cards but I’m talking about a “heavenly surgery” here.  Cutting out my heart. 

No, I haven’t been watching gory movies lately or CSI JJ.  I’m talking about my selfish, deceitful, prideful heart. 

Cut out of my heart, Lord
Everything You see
That is VOID of You
And all about me.

All the black places,
The bitterness and self.
Fill with Your Spirit,
Your abundance and wealth!

Shape it and mold it,
Making it new.
So that all that is left
Is only from You.

Cut out my heart, Lord.
For only by grace,
Can I be a servant
Reflecting Your face!

Deut 10 says: Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.

 Along with Psalm 19:  May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

I want to offer this new heart, the CUT-OUT ONE, the one molded and shaped by God Himself, back up to Him as my offering this Valentines’ Day.  

Oh, its not perfect and there is still “self” in there.  But offering it up, surrendered, is EXACTLY what He’s looking for, don’t you think?
May our hearts see . . . . and be offered.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share My Heart, Show My God.

May my heart see . . . a blog? What?

REAL expectations?