Skip to main content

The unthinkable

What's your "totally awful, most unthinkable thing"?  You know, the one thing that would be THE most awfulest thing in the whole world to happen.  Everyone has one, don't they?  I mean, I do.  Whether its relational or spiritual or physical - makes no difference - its the one "happening" in your life that would be the worst ever.  E-V-E-R.

Its the kind of thing you don't want to tell anybody because you don't want to say it out loud, let along think about it.  But you do . . . I do anyway.  And especially now, for some DARK reason, with all that is happening around us, my mind goes there.  I don't want it to but it does.

I think Peter's totally awful unthinkable was his denial of Christ - and his happened THREE times.  It must have just slayed him.  I wonder sometimes how could he have even gone on after that.  One word:  redemption.

Where our unthinkable is, God's redemption is.  Our only hope - our only answer is Jesus Christ.  I know it sounds simple but believe me, the surroundings of life here on earth can shift from security and tranquility to . . . the unthinkable.  To what we are seeing right now.  Fear.  Panic.  Isolation.

One thing I've learned is to not stay in that "place" too long.  Its suffocating.

Fortunately, there is a "but" - its suffocating BUT God knows.  God has it.  God is good.  God takes care.  God can remove it.  God can work through it.  God is above it, over it and in it.  Yes . . . in it.

God is in the redemption business.  Your redemption might be totally "unthinkable" .  Or maybe its a loved one or a denial.  Whatever it is, good thing its not up to us.  Thank you, Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victory - a habit.

My heart is heavy today – full of despair.   A beautiful woman, I love and thank God for, with an abuse problem, is in ICU.     While high on heroin, she drove her car into a parked semi. What???????????!!!!   Let’s just sit on that for a while.   My despair is NOTHING compared to her despair – her children’s despair.   Her parents’ despair.   This abuse problem has been around for years.   That’s who she is . . . “an addict” (her words). Really?   I have never been addicted to drugs so I don’t understand this addiction, but I have known other “addictions” – I have felt helpless – I have labeled myself  “defeated”.   Hopeless.   I am so sick and tired of Satan and his destruction.   I have had it.     Why do we give him so much power?   He delights in this . . . . this darkness.   No more. I claim in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ – LEAVE THIS WOMAN ALONE! I found a great quote from Charles Gore (British theologian): We are conscious of our own weakness and of

ctrl-Z

Happy New Year!   It’s a new year, a new beginning – the old is gone, the new has come!   YIPEE!   Not that 2012 was so awful – but it’s good to start afresh, don’t you think?   Get rid of some old “bad” habits, put on some new “good” ones.   My husband and I have promised each other we are not going to be “crabby” with each other anymore.   I am horrible!   We will try and talk nicely to each other - that alone will be a miraculous feat!! Sometimes, I just want to take back immediately what I just said – ever want to do that?   At my office, my new cubby partner taught me a wonderful keystroke last year that I told her has “spiritual” meaning.   Seriously! ctrl-Z.   Ever use it?   It un-do’s.   Yep – whatever you type wrong or don’t mean to do – it undoes it.   Ingenuous!   I use it all the time now.    (I know – I’m slow!) What on earth could be the spiritual meaning of ctrl-Z?   Hmmmm, well . . . . how about when I am crabby and disrespectful with my husband (last y

Accept one another . . . in order to bring praise to God !

What a horrendous week it has been for me!   And its only Tuesday (sigh!)   Sometimes I just want to climb into my fifth wheel and wheel away . . . . I don’t care where, just ANYWHERE but here – I hate conflict, don’t you? I think I hate it because conflict tears at my heart – its sin and its wrong.   But can we live in a world, okay let’s just say “in a family” without conflict?   Aren’t we supposed to be a family (whether by blood or by faith) of unity – a Christian community that loves one another and is unified?   Seems simple, doesn’t it?   It ain’t!   One wants this, the other that.   Someone is unhappy or feeling unloved or being pushed around.   There’s manipulation and pride and jealousy – these ARE NOT family traits you know (!)   or for that matter, “fruits” of the Spirit! In all this muck, I have been praying, I have been fasting, and I have sought counsel, both from the Word and from wise prayer warriors.   I have tried to get to the bottom of it all and I have t