Skip to main content

The Clean Slate Club.



I belong to the Clean Slate Club, ever heard of it?  Probably not, cause I just made it up.  Not the Clean PLATE Club btw – although I pretty much could say I belong there too J.

This is a club consisting of totally white – blank – clean – non-encumbered nothing.  A “clean slate”. 

That’s what happens when God forgives. 

There is no “sort ofs” with this – no “almosts” – no “halfways” – it’s all or nothing.  It’s complete.  It’s forgotten.  It’s absolute.  It’s the way God works - it’s GRACE.

Psalm 51 says,

Have mercy on me, O God,
    according to Your unfailing love;
according to Your great compassion
    blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity
    and cleanse me from my sin.


For I know my transgressions,
    and my sin is always before me.
Against You, You only, have I sinned
    and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in Your verdict
    and justified when You judge.
Surely I was sinful at birth,
    sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Yet You desired faithfulness even in the womb;
    you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
    wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Sinful, sinful from birth I am.  My heart is sinful, awful and I hate it.   And every day I confess it.  First, I have to realize the sin (that’s hard enough btw).   I don’t know about you, but I tend to play the blame game.  You know, it’s “her” fault I am so envious, or it’s because of “this” that I got angry.

No, it’s in MY heart and its sin.  “Sin is a matter of the heart before it is ever an issue of our behavior”, says Paul David Tripp.

This is where grace comes in.  Once I confess, God, in His rich mercy and love, and according to His compassion, washes it away.  Gets rid of it.  Cleanses me.  Wipes the slate clean.

Over           and            over               and               over                again.

The Clean Slate Club.  Wanna join?  Everyone is welcome.  It starts with getting down on your knees. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victory - a habit.

My heart is heavy today – full of despair.   A beautiful woman, I love and thank God for, with an abuse problem, is in ICU.     While high on heroin, she drove her car into a parked semi. What???????????!!!!   Let’s just sit on that for a while.   My despair is NOTHING compared to her despair – her children’s despair.   Her parents’ despair.   This abuse problem has been around for years.   That’s who she is . . . “an addict” (her words). Really?   I have never been addicted to drugs so I don’t understand this addiction, but I have known other “addictions” – I have felt helpless – I have labeled myself  “defeated”.   Hopeless.   I am so sick and tired of Satan and his destruction.   I have had it.     Why do we give him so much power?   He delights in this . . . . this darkness.   No more. I claim in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ – LEAVE THIS WOMAN ALONE! I found a great quote from Charles Gore (British theologian): We are conscious of our own weakness and of

ctrl-Z

Happy New Year!   It’s a new year, a new beginning – the old is gone, the new has come!   YIPEE!   Not that 2012 was so awful – but it’s good to start afresh, don’t you think?   Get rid of some old “bad” habits, put on some new “good” ones.   My husband and I have promised each other we are not going to be “crabby” with each other anymore.   I am horrible!   We will try and talk nicely to each other - that alone will be a miraculous feat!! Sometimes, I just want to take back immediately what I just said – ever want to do that?   At my office, my new cubby partner taught me a wonderful keystroke last year that I told her has “spiritual” meaning.   Seriously! ctrl-Z.   Ever use it?   It un-do’s.   Yep – whatever you type wrong or don’t mean to do – it undoes it.   Ingenuous!   I use it all the time now.    (I know – I’m slow!) What on earth could be the spiritual meaning of ctrl-Z?   Hmmmm, well . . . . how about when I am crabby and disrespectful with my husband (last y

Accept one another . . . in order to bring praise to God !

What a horrendous week it has been for me!   And its only Tuesday (sigh!)   Sometimes I just want to climb into my fifth wheel and wheel away . . . . I don’t care where, just ANYWHERE but here – I hate conflict, don’t you? I think I hate it because conflict tears at my heart – its sin and its wrong.   But can we live in a world, okay let’s just say “in a family” without conflict?   Aren’t we supposed to be a family (whether by blood or by faith) of unity – a Christian community that loves one another and is unified?   Seems simple, doesn’t it?   It ain’t!   One wants this, the other that.   Someone is unhappy or feeling unloved or being pushed around.   There’s manipulation and pride and jealousy – these ARE NOT family traits you know (!)   or for that matter, “fruits” of the Spirit! In all this muck, I have been praying, I have been fasting, and I have sought counsel, both from the Word and from wise prayer warriors.   I have tried to get to the bottom of it all and I have t