Now its the boys' turn

My last post was directed to my granddaughters, Adalay, Elsa and Lauren.  But now, it’s the boys’ turn – my grandsons, Jaden and Bentley. 

I was thinking about them as I was helping my hubby cut, split and load wood for our fireplace.  My husband did the cutting and the splitting, I did the moving and the stacking.  YUK!   Can I just say, “YUK!!!” again?  Not a fun job to say the least. 

But as I was helping him that morning and NOT enjoying myself, I looked over at him and he’s sawing away.  I mean, I don’t think this was his favorite pastime either, but he didn’t mind it at all.  Without complaining, he was just working away.   I told him later that maybe we were too old for this and that we should start buying the wood next year.  He scoffed at that idea.  L

 
What is so fun about this?  Why in the world would he want to do it again?  Reason number 4,754,000,000 he ain’t me – we are NOT alike.   He just thinks different – males think “blue” – females think “pink”.  And I just didn’t make that up – we learned that at the Love & Respect Couples Retreat (awesome book by Eggerichs btw) we attended. 












That’s when I thought of Jaden and Bentley.  I love them so much and want the best for them but do I know what that is?  I think “pink” – I speak “pink” – they wouldn’t understand it coming from me.  So I asked Grandpa.
 
Love God.

Work hard.


That’s it?  YEP.  And in that order, too.    OOOOOO------kkkkkaaaaayy?!!!????

After I thought about it, that is all they need to know – love God first – work hard.  Psalm 84 says:


            Blessed are those who dwell in Your house, they are ever praising You.

        Blessed are those whose strength is in You, who have set their hearts

on pilgrimage. 

        For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor;

        No good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

        Oh Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in You.

 

Yep – Love God, work hard.  Couldn’t have said it better myself. J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share My Heart, Show My God.

May my heart see . . . a blog? What?

REAL expectations?