1-2-3 . . . . Trust !

I have a new exercise I have started, just last week.  These aren’t my rotator cuff exercises, or for my abdomen (YEAH RIGHT!), but for my heart AND for my mind. 

I got a cartoon from a friend, you know the “wise” one from last week’s post, and the “wisdom” of it stuck in my head to where I find myself exercising it –

 

I count to three and say "trust" (only Jesus catches me!) - This exercises helps me leave all with Him – you know, the God of the Universe – the One who knows all, sees all and is all?  Our Strength, our Shield, our Deliverer.  That One.

The Lord is my strength and my shield;

my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.

My heart leaps for joy

and I will give thanks to Him in song. (Psalm 28)



When I am afraid, I will trust in You.

In God, whose word I praise,

    in God I trust; I will not be afraid.

    What can mortal man do to me? (Psalm 56)

 
When I am sliding, you know, d-o-w-n the road of anxiety, or when I hear bad news.  Or how about when you don’t know an outcome and you seriously J can’t stand it – let’s try it now, 1-2-3 . . . trust.

I close my eyes  and say it out loud – “1-2-3 – trust”  and as I do that, I feel myself being caught in the arms of Jesus – whether its my situation or my anxiety -  in His arms – fully covered.   Fully “handled” – fully His.   Me?  I am just trusting . . . . .I am in His arms.  THERE.  I can’t tell you what putting myself “there” does to my heart. 

A peace comes over me and there is absolutely no where else I want to be. 
 
Let’s practice it together: 

Lord Jesus, I don't know about this and I don't have a clue what to do.
But, You, Lord, know all about it.  So I want to just lean on YOU.
I want to just give it all to You, knowing You know and
that You are my Strength and my Shield.  Lord Jesus,
help me to trust - I leave it in Your Hand -
1 - 2 - 3 . . . trust.  In your glorious Name, Amen.
 

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation. (Psalm 13:5)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share My Heart, Show My God.

May my heart see . . . a blog? What?

REAL expectations?